Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 17:52 — 24.5MB)
Subscribe: Android | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
What do you and elite athletes have in common? You both need to build familiarity with being relaxed, and build awareness to be able to tap into the feeling of being relaxed.
You should be getting massages more often;
- to spend time being relaxed – benefits your nervous system and thought patterns
- build familiarity with being relaxed – so you can be more relaxed more often by choice.
- Improve blood flow to low flow areas. Increased oxygen and efficient energy.
Uplevel your massage ;
- Become more aware and in control of your tension/relaxed states.
- Become more present with ‘no expectations’ of pain/discomfort.
- Uplevel your ability to control your perception with each tight spot touched. Every time you overcome the tension and overcome the expectation of tension, you are increasing your brains ability to control your perception of everything you experience.
- Build awareness in the present – be aware of the connection between mind and body, and the change that occurs when you quiet your mind.
An integral part of becoming a better, healthier higher performing human is building the awareness of your mind and body, when they are connected as one.
If you would like coaching to build this awareness and all other aspects of preventing injury, improving energy, losing weight, breaking performance limits, then contact Pete or Jaimielle. email Hello@liveyourownfit.com
Find out more about LYF Performance here