This easy low carb chocolate cake recipe is rich, dense and moist. You would never know it is low carb, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free and grain-free……the sweetener being 1tbs of honey? This is pretty amazing!
It’s the perfect dessert, birthday cake, or afternoon tea indulgence, ticking that dark chocolate box.
If you want a higher protein, and nutrient dense option for dessert this low carb chocolate cake is definitely an option.
The version Jaimielle ?? is sharing today takes under 10minutes to prepare + 20minutes to cook?
* 100g Lindt Dark Chocolate, broken up (75%+ is dairy free in most cases)
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 11/4 Almond Flour or Almond Meal
* 1 tbsp Honey
* 2tsp Baking Powder
* 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, at room temp (not solid)
* 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder (sugar free)
* handful of berries
Note: Be sure to check chocolate labels for dairy even when consuming 75% +. Most production facilities will contain dairy so if you are allergic be sure to omit the chocolate.
1. Preheat oven to 180degrees, and line baking container with baking paper or grease.
2. Combine all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl
3. Pour half the mixture into a baking tray, scatter berries randomly on top, then continue to pour the remainder mixture on top.
4. Cook for 20minutes or until cooked through. You want it undercooked, as opposed to overcooked.
Serve with Drunken Strawberries and Whipped Cream, and fresh mint leaves.
It’s that simple! ?