Banana Bread is an all time favourite. Oozing sweet banana flavour with a moist texture, honey scents, and simple to make, this will surely be a regular on your baking list! Cooked to a golden brown texture with your choice of additions such as raspberries, blueberries, cinnamon, dark chocolate chips, the whole family is going to love this new school banana bread recipe.
Want icing on the cake?
This Banana Bread is:
- Grain free
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free.
So what makes this the best Paleo Banana Bread Recipe?
The texture is just divine. It reminds us of a bread and butter pudding combined with hints of vanilla tea cake, and banana paddle pop ice cream haha. Trust us, this one is a winner! It doesn’t have any nasties too!
2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
11/2 Almond Flour, sifted
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Eggs, beaten
3 Tbs Honey
*optional 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla essence
Flour Alternatives to 11/2 cups Almond Flour:
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
3/4 cup Plain or Self Raising Flour
11/2 cup Almond Meal
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Add all wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine well
- Fold in dry ingredients until well combined
- Line or grease a loaf tin with baking paper and pour mixture into tin.
- If you want to add berries/ choc chips etc simply place evenly to top of mixture
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until slightly browned on top. If unsure if the cake is cooked through, use a sharp knife to pierce the middle of the cake. If it comes out with wet ingredients then place in oven for a further 5-10minutes until cooked through.
Live Your Own Fit Food Lover