Aerobic Deficiency Syndrome is common, and it effects your ability to be healthy, perform, recovery, be resilient, and feel energetic.
Coined in the 80’s by health and performance legend Dr Phil Maffetone Aerobic Deficiency Syndrome (ADS) occurs when a person has lots the ability for their cells to efficiently transfer oxygen in, which effects nutrient delivery and energy production and leads to many chemical, hormonal, and physical injuries.
‘Aerobic’ (meaning ‘with oxygen’) is not just a category of exercise – ‘aerobic’ is the optimal state of health for you, your cells, and for peak performance.
Anearoic (meaning ‘without oxygen’) is also both a category of exercise, and a measure of your health every minute of your day.
In this podcast episode from Live Your Own Fit Health & Performance Coaching:
Pete explains the clear differences and benefits between anaerobic and aerobic health that you see everyday, and you also see it obviously in hospitals. Oxygen is Good!
- Aerobic Deficiency Syndrome: Do you have it? Are you at risk for it?
- What are you doing that is lowering your oxygen levels and increasing your health and fatigue risks?
- Anaerobic exercise creates low oxygen in your cells, so stop doing it!
- Aerobic exercise is good for your health
- Anaerobic exercise is only ok to do if you already have a big aerobic capacity first!
- How to rebuild your aerobic base for increased oxygen for health and performance.
Aerobic Deficiency Syndrome symptoms
- high resting heart rate (HR)
- high HR during easy/moderate exercise
- Shortness of breath during easy exercise
- Shallow rapid breathing
- Feeling of ‘lactic acid’ during short moderate exercise efforts
- Aches and pains
- low tolerance to carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Weakness – loss of power
- Susceptible to other stress inputs – easily ‘overloaded’ with stress.
Live Your Own Fit
Start enjoying 1:1 Health & Performance Coaching with Jaimielle Jacobs and/or Pete Jacobs today.
LYF Health & Performance Coaching is for everyone.
Pete is an Ironman World Champion, Health Coach & Performance expert.
Jaimielle is a Health Coach, Ironman Triathlete, and passionate about supporting you to make the changes you want & need.
Thank you so much for listening and subscribing to our Podcast.
Connect with us!