Cauliflower Flatbread | Best Low Carb + Keto Bread Option
Cauliflower Flatbread is a gluten-free, wheat free bread alternative made from a blend of herbs, cauliflower, coconut flour, almond flour, eggs, balsamic vinegar, and baking powder.
It’s a unique take on a traditional flatbread/burger bun is that it is much lower in carbohydrates, higher protein, and has a higher nutrient density to that of traditional bread.
If you combined Pete’s ‘Easy Burger Pattie’ recipe then you would have a wholesome burger with the lot. A delicious, healthy recipe!
Our favorite part about this recipe is the cauliflower flatbread’s versatility. You can dip it into pesto, use it as a cracker with cheese,, use it as sandwich bread, or put it in the toaster and pile on tons of fresh toppings.
- 3 cups finely riced raw cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp almond meal/flour (or go nut free and use an extra tbsp coconut flower)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (or 3 if not using almonds flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp herbs (optional e.g. thyme, oregano. – to taste. Spices also an option e.g. Turmeric, Sumac.)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds (for sprinkling on top)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (this does add some extra flavour but not necessary)
- 1 teaspoon *raw honey (A small amount goes a long way).
*raw honey – because not all honey’s are equal. Supermarket processed honey is not as tasty/healthy as raw honey.
Add ANYTHING you like in terms of herbs and spices, but consider what you will be serving on them.
- Blend cauliflower in food processor until fine.
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- lightly beat eggs and mix into dry ingredients.
- Add honey and balsamic vinegar
- Use anything round and hollow such as a mason jar lid (in the video) or an egg ring to create round patties on a baking tray, or use a muffin top baking tray.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Bake for 20-25mins @ 180-190 degrees Celsius (350-380 Fahrenheit). They should be slightly golden on top.
Start enjoying 1:1 Health and Wellbeing Coaching, or Group Health and Wellbeing Coaching with Jaimielle and Pete Jacobs today. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to start living like you deserve.
Jaimielle Jacobs of Live Your Own Fit Health and Wellbeing guides you through this ‘Self Love’ Practice.
Live Your Own Fit is a Health Wellbeing and Performance Company founded by husband and wife duo Pete and Jaimielle Jacobs.
Pete is a Performance Consultant and Triathlete Ironman World Champion Pete Jacobs.
Jaimielle is a Health Expert and Triathlete Champion Jaimielle Jacobs.
Their mission is to help you create the mind, body, and fitness you deserve through simple lifestyle changes.
Connect with us!