Our LY.F family inspire Pete and I everyday, giving us that warm fuzzy feeling of gratitude, and love for doing what we do.
Camilla is one of our LY.F Stars who has just finished the 6 Week Life Change Program. Her health and performance journey over the last 6 weeks has been inspiring to say the least. With Camilla’s consent we want to share her health story of trials, and wins with you.
Her story is one that the majority of us can relate to. We know you’ll fall in love with her journey (as we have), and by virtue become part of her ever increasing cheer squad.
Keep in mind as you read on that Camilla did not increase her exercise over this 6 weeks. 10minutes here and there walking the dog, and daily 30minutes-60minutes of meditation was what her jam packed schedule allowed.
So lets dive in………..
Camilla was originally hesitant in undertaking the 6 Week Life change Program………..who wouldn’t be? Worries like “Would myself and Pete understand her time constraints, her priorities, her insecurities? Did she have the time to prioritise herself in a world where family, work and beloved animals haggle for number one spot?
Camilla’s husband Paul was eager to do the program after recognizing that they both needed more energy to live the life they and their beloved family deserved. He was the instigator, and drove Camilla to sign up and commit.
Years of trying non sustainable, energy deficient diets had made Camilla question the likelihood of the LY.F Program’s benefit, but she is a fighter and open minded, so less enthusiastic than Paul, albeit intrigued, Camilla committed to the process.
46 years of age
Full time onsite HR Manager in a corporate company
Mother to one 13 year old girl, and one 16year old boy teenage boy
Mother to two standard poodles, + one cat
- Lack of Faith in the program: She had tried so many diets in the past that worked for two weeks, then were’nt sustainable.
- Lack of Belief – did she BELIEVE she deserved to prioritise herself?
- Too tired to make a change. Camilla was living the rat race, making changes might just be ‘the straw that broke the camels back’.
- Time poor. Camilla works full time long hours, plays taxi to kids on weekends, has animals that rely on her and has a husband that often works away.
- Does not like exercise. Exercise isn’t Camilla’s jig. She thought this was a big pre requisite to improving her health and performance.
Camilla established her “WHAT” (micro goals).
- Increase energy levels
- Have consistent energy throughout the day
- Increased stamina
- Decrease anxiety and negative thought patterns
- Feel more comfortable in clothes
i.e “I want to experience increased stamina, especially on Saturday, rushing around. I want to be able to tick everything off my list, and still have energy to enjoy my own time (especially on the weekend).
- Camilla did a self reflection exercise (part of week one), establishing her GOALS & VISION
By sharing her GOALS, WHY, WHAT & HOW’S Camilla improved her self awareness. This process reconfirmined to herself what she wanted to achieve, consciously recognizing those thoughts. She was now accountable to herself, and us as her coaches, subsequently increasing her chances of success.
- Why she wanted to change (through establishing her WHY in week one of the program)
- She recognized the roadblocks that had fueled negative belief systems, subconscious thoughts, and self sabotage. She would work on this with myself in our one on one calls.
- Camilla acknowledged WHAT she wanted to change, and HOW she was going to change it. Being accountable for these changes was imperative.
Camilla told herself:
“This is not a a race, I feel like I am getting there, It’s not a sprint”
How did Camilla measure her progress and acknowledge her wins in the first few weeks?
- Measuring her waist circumference
- Filling in a journal every few days, so she could start seeing progress in energy levels, mood, comfort, and food sensitivities.
HOW DID CAMILLA SET HERSELF UP FOR GLOBAL HEALTH & PERFORMANCE SUCCESS?
- Camilla established her foundation to success – her WHY, WHAT, HOW
- Acknowledged roadblocks and what she could do to overcome them
- Established her bio individuality – through a two week elimination protocol in the first two weeks of the program, Camilla established her individual nutritional plan
- Recognised that she is an athlete in LIFE, she deserves to live her best life, to her full potential.
- Discovered how to ‘biohack’ her physiology for the results she wanted. i.e She increased her sleep by an hour, from 6 hours to 7hours.
If you are in an energy deficient state your body will go into fright/flight mode, causing a negative domino effect on your hormonal system, ultimately resulting in ‘nervous system fatigue’/ ‘adrenal system fatigue.
- Camilla was energy deficient – her resting metabolic rate required 1,875calories daily. She was only consuming around 1200. This causes stress hormones to rise, increasing inflammation and inhibiting fat burning and fat loss, amongst countless other ill effects.
CAMILLA’S RESULTS AFTER THE 6 WEEK LIFE CHANGE PROGRAM
- Camilla has lost 8cm around her waist.
- Her rings are looser, and her shoes feel bigger
- Her energy levels are higher, and she seldom experiences the 4pm slump
- Her slight anxiety has gone, and she is attracting even better things into her life
- Her stamina has improved
- She is waking up refreshed and renewed, experiencing high quality sleep (increased to 7hrs), and no longer snores
- Camilla is ready to try a resistance training program
- Camilla realised she had been in an ‘energy deficient state’, meaning previously she had not been consuming the calories needed at rest, let alone to function optimally throughout the day.
Camilla’s health & performance journey ahead………KEY MESSAGES THAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM!
- Camilla knows small incremental improvements lead to big life changing wins. She tells herself “This is not a a race, I feel like I am getting there, It’s not a sprint”
- Camilla’s focus is on consuming whole real food in the form of nutrient dense unprocessed food. Camilla is a ‘moderator’, meaning she can enjoy one or two squares of dark chocolate without mindlessly consuming the whole packet. Taking the 80/20 or 90/10 approach works for Camilla. Remember “perfection does not exist”.
- Camilla knows she has to prioritise eating enough nutrient dense food so she is not in an energy deficient state.
- Eating a wholesome breakfast is a priority. Camilla understands not eating breakfast can have a negative effect on fat burning and cause her to start the day in an energy deficient state.
- Camilla is continuing to build her self awareness. She recognizes that her energy levels, emotional state and how her clothes fit are all key biofeedback.
- Camilla and her husband Paul have finished the 6 week Life Change Program. They both recognize there is a long way to go in their individual health and performance pursuits. Paul and Camilla are now working one on one with Jaimie for Health & Performance Coaching. Resistance training for increasing lean muscles mass is high on the priority list going forward.
CAMILLA’S WORDS THREE WEEKS INTO THE 6 WEEK LIFE CHANGE PROGRAM
Huge thanks to Jaimie and Pete for their amazing Live Your Own Fit Program. I’m an unfit, busy wife and mum and I work full-time. In summary, there isn’t much time for anything extra. Jaimie has helped me lose cm’s, find more energy and we are only three weeks in.
As I’m not an athlete (AT ALL), I didn’t know if the Program was right for me, or if Jaimie would understand – she has amazed me and TOTALLY gets it. Her unwavering support and excitement is infectious, AND her ability to come up with a healthy filling meal in under 5mins is magic.
Some days are more difficult than others, but with all the information provided, it doesn’t take long to get back on track. I highly highly recommend the LYOF program to everyone – including unfit busy mums, who look at a push bike in horror – maybe soon!!!
If you have any questions you would like to ask or feel like you would like to discover your ‘best self’, then reach out……we are only a button away!
Yours in health and performance – with love