Hi it’s Pete here ??
Many people come to me struggling with weightless. The majority have full on jobs with a high responsibilities, they are high functioning personalities and care deeply about their training and racing. Their chosen sport is predominantly triathlon. I wanted to share with you the myth around Calories, whilst providing clarity around how Exercise Effects Your Weight.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How exercise helps or hinders weight loss.
- Why “increasing metabolism” is not what you think it is.
- Why “Move More, Eat Less” is not a sound approach to weight loss
- How to burn more stored fat calories for energy all day.
- The two sides of metabolism crucial for health & growth.
Looking at exercise and calories burned and consumed will not get you far in health and weightloss goals.
I paint you a picture below; This is an illustration of the hazardous belief of “Why Eat Less, Move More”, does not work.
A 70kg female exercising;
* 30mins Easy – will burn approx 100 cal.
* 30min Moderate – will burn approx 200 cal.
* 30min Vigorous – will burn approx 300 -350 cal
This female subject consumes:
1 apple 100 calories
2 eggs 150 calories
100g chicken breast 170 calories
1 cup of milk 150 calories.
So if we make this about calories in and calories out, and the only reason to exercise is to lose weight, a 30min walk followed by a latte would mean you have gained weight.
However, STOP thinking about calories. Everything I just said is the wrong way to think about exercise, food, metabolism, and weightloss.
It’s NOT all about calories. It may be a little about calories, but I’m now going to explain metabolism and exercise, and how they effect one another with many interjections of “it depends”.
Exercise does not burn many calories, and restricting food intake lowers health benefits of fats, proteins, vitamins & minerals; The point of exercise is to boost the benefits of your metabolism and metabolic health during the entire day, such as;
- Aerobic adaption; Burn fat, more oxygen, more caplilaires, blood flow etc.
- Outdoors; Sunlight – Eyes, skin – nervous system – hormones – melatonin – sleep.
- Breathing; Nasal breathing, vagus nerve, parasympathetic nervous system, CO2 tolerance and oxygen exchange.
- Blood flow delivery of nutrients; Vitamins and minerals and elements – oxygen.
- Catabolic metabolism; Continue with fasting post exercise
- Exercise lowers hunger because tapping into burning fat increases catabolic reactions for available fuel and ‘energy’
Live Your Own Fit
Start enjoying 1:1 Health and Performance Coaching, or Group Coaching with Jaimielle and Pete Jacobs today. Contact email@example.com to start living like you want.
Live Your Own Fit is a Health and Performance Company founded by husband and wife duo Pete and Jaimielle Jacobs.
Pete is an Ironman World Champion, Health Coach, and Performance expert.
Jaimielle is a Health Coach, Ironman Triathlete, and passionate above supporting you make the changes you want.
Their mission is to help you create the mind, body, and fitness you deserve through simple lifestyle changes and understanding the maze of health information.
Thankyou so much for watching and subscribing to our channel. All feedback is welcome.
Connect with us!